The health and safety of our guests are our number one priority. The Coronavirus pandemic has increased everyone’s stress levels and has made for a very uncertain time. Short term rentals are currently not allowed under Colorado’s Safer at Home order that is set to expire on May 26, 2020. We hope to begin welcoming you back at that time. One of the best things for high levels of stress is some time spent unplugged from it all in a cozy private cabin in the mountains.
What we will be doing to keep our guests and community safe:
- ADDITIONAL SANITATION– Along with our standard cabin cleaning procedure, we have added additional sanitation steps to ensure that our cabins are as clean as possible.
- All hard surfaces and touch points are cleaned with household disinfectant.
- All bed and bathroom linens are laundered before each reservation; linens will be left folded in the cabins to minimize contact.
- EXTRA CLEANING SUPPLIES-In addition to the hand and dish soap we have historically provided, we now stock disinfectant cleaning supplies under the sink in your cabin.
- SELF CHECK-INS/CHECK-OUTS (contact-free)-Self Check-in and Checkout is available so that you don’t have to come to our office. Please follow the directions you are given for check in. We are now taking credit cards for contact-free payment. Please call Kathy (970-903-3565) to pay over the phone.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING- Our cabins are standalone residences allowing for easy social distancing. Each cabin has its own firepit and grill. There is shared lakefront space and other cabins may also be occupied at the same time. Please follow the 6 ft social distancing protocols.
What Guests should consider:
PLEASE STAY HOME IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING WELL!! We can refund your deposit or give you a credit for staying with us another time.
Things are changing every day and how the next few months will play out is still unknown. Please be prepared. The small market at Vallecito and grocery stores in Durango and Bayfield are open but supplies of certain items are still limited. Consider bringing:
- Additional toilet paper, paper towels, disinfectant spray/wipes, and hand sanitizer (we supply hand soap, paper products, and disinfectant but supplies are limited)
- Enough food for your stay
- Personal face masks and gloves
Dining and Entertainment:
- The Vallecito Lake boat ramp is open.
- Trails are open.
- Lots of other outdoor recreational opportunities are available.
- Local restaurants and shops are now doing only take out or curbside pickup.
- The Durango-Silverton Train is closed until June- check the train’s website.
- Museums and recreation centers are closed.
Thank you for your continued support of Croll Cabins! We hope to see you this summer!